Joico K-PAK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

Promises: Joico's original intensive protein reconstructor for dry and damaged hair rebuilds and improves the structure of hair. pH 4.5-5.5. Contains QUADRAMINE COMPLEX, an exclusive blend of low molecular weight and size proteins (MWS 150-2500). This balance of 19 essential amino acids (the building blocks of hair) adheres quickly and effectively to ensure maximum protection and reconstruction from the cuticle to the cortex. Color Safe.

Directions: Apply to damp hair. Leave in for 5 mins. Rinse.

Ingredients: Water, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Mineral Oil, Glycol Stearate, PEG-8 Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Ceteth 2, Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Laurdimonium Hydroxpropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Yeast Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Keratin amino Acids, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

The Truth: WOW, OMGosh I adore Joico DPR!! Remember back when I did a Mini Product Haul at Trade Secrets? well I've been using this protein treatment in my hair ever since. I use it as a prepoo on dry hair or after I clarify/shampoo followed up with a moisturizing deep conditioner. I've been alternating with this & Vital Hair Mayo weekly - since I've "up'd" my protein to once a week. To break it down, I use VHM once week and J-DPR the other (2x/month). I'm always getting some form of protein weekly.

The scent is sooo yummy, it reminds me of Cinnamon and banana. The texture is very light and fluffy (because of the yeast..I think) making it extremely easy to apply to the hair - even dry hair. Because it's so potent and spreads easily, you don't need to use much. I still have my 11oz bottle and I purchased it over 2 months ago. It lasts a very long time. Upon rinsing out, my hair feels incredibly soft, how is this the case? I have no clue!! I had to remind myself that this is a protein reconstructor so I must follow up with a moisture DC. Every time I use it, my hair noticeably increases in strength, elasticity, thickness and looks healthier!! I think this is due to the Human Hair Keratin ← the best of the best...it's rebuilding and reconstructing my hair. I highly recommend this conditioner to those wanting a high quality protein treatment in their regimen, fine haired ladies and those who want thicker hair.

I will be repurchasing this product in the future. I use this every other week without fail as part of the Protein Is My BFF Club on Hairlista Inc. Some say this reconstructor is compareable to Aphogee 2 min., I haven't tried Aphogee 2 min in the longest time..I can't really comment on that (I may try it now, just to compare, LOL).

Price: $26-33 CAD, 11.1 oz.

Hairlicious Rating: (5/5) Excellent



Sunshyne