Hair Question: Castor Oil Vs. Jamaican Black Castor Oil

Question:
"Do you like the regular castor oil? Did you notice a difference between the regular castor oil and jamaican black castor oil on your scalp..which one is better?"
Advice:

I used the regular Home Health Castor Oil on my scalp for approximately a week before re-purchasing my beloved Jamaican Black Castor Oil (when I ran out). So, within that week, I did about 3 applications and I must say that I didn't like it much. Personally, I find that the regular Castor Oil is just too thick. It never really absorbed into my scalp the way JBCO does, so it left a weird coating on my strands. My roots were drier than normal, long story short...I just gave it the boot!

When I use JBCO, my roots/new growth stays soft, moist and shiny!! It acts like a humectant drawing in moisture. I definitely feel the difference between the two. JBCO is much thinner/lighter in consistency and it absorbs into the hair much better.

If I had to pick between the two, it would be Jamaican Black Castor Oil all the WAY! PLUS...It's raw and unrefined, meaning that it went through less processing, contains more nutrients (more potent), and it's not deodorized so it has a strong/rich color & scent.


Sunshyne