Me + Vital Hair Mayo = No Longer Friends!

Yup, that's right. Sad but true.

Ever since I made the change to use a light protein conditioner weekly (2009), Vital Hair Mayo and I became best friends but as of late, we are just not getting along! SMH

I used this light protein conditioner weekly as a prepoo back in 2009. It made my hair fuller, stronger and hydrated. It never failed to give me that extra boost I needed. At the time, this conditioner really helped to keep my moisture/protein balance in check.

However, since the end of '09 'till now, this conditioner did a complete 360 on me :(. Whenever I use it, my hair feels coated with film, it appears to be very limp and mushy whether I clarify, use it alone or prior to a moisturizing DC. I find myself praying for the next wash day to come quick so I can wash my hair out. SMH. I still don't understand this. Am I the only one? :( This situation just goes to show how somethings in your regimen will never be stable. Be prepared to change and adapt quickly. Don't get too attached.

I've come to the conclusion that Vital Hair Mayo doesn't fortify my hair like it used to, if anything it feels like a moisturizing deep conditioner on my hair. I can't afford to have another moisturizing deep conditioner in my regimen (right now I have 4 staples). I'm terrified to go into moisture overload since that was one of the main reasons why my 2008 set back took place.

I gave it to my cousins, they can now benefit from it. We were good friends. It gave me what I needed at the time but we no longer have an understanding, so my hair needs have to be met elsewhere. There is another product in the picture that fulfills my needs on a weekly basis. It contains keratin in it and we all know that Keratin is the elite of proteins. With that being said, I will introduce my new lover in a future blog post. Stay tuned :)

FYI - Joico KPAK is still in my regimen.

I'm curious...Have you ever used a product for a period of time and then all of a sudden it just stopped working for you? Please let me know :)

Sunshyne